Making this meal is surprisingly quick — under 30 minutes– and Marsala is always impressive so try this for your next gathering or give your weeknight dinner a flavor lift into comforting Pork Chops Marsala. We’ve paired it here today with our Broccoli Mashed Potatoes which our kids love and sneaks in yet another serving of veggies onto their dinner plates!
Pork Chops Marsala
Pork Chops Marsala is surprisingly easy to make at home and costs considerately less than at restaurants . This adaptable dish is sure to please your family
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place a 4 tbsp flour, salt and pepper, to taste, in a shallow dish and mix well. Dredge pork in flour. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork from pan.
- Add garlic, and mushrooms to pan; saute 3 minutes or until moisture evaporates. Add remaining 2 tbsp. flour to pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring well. Combine chicken broth and Marsala, stirring until smooth. Gradually add broth mixture to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Return pork to pan; cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serving Size 1 chop
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 36.4 g
Saturated Fat 11.8 g
Cholesterol 100 mg
Sodium 676 mg
Total Carbohydrates 14.7 g
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 29.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.