Quick Pickled vegetables is a good recipe to have and we find ourselves pickling this every week or so. We like them as a refreshing accompaniment to our weeknight dinners.
- 1 English cucumber, washed and peeled
- 1 carrot, washed and peeled
- radishes, trimmed and sliced thinly [See Note 1]
For the Pickling Liquid
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Thinly slice the cucumber and carrot into rounds. I use my food processor for this but it can be done with a sharp knife, as well.
- Pack the vegetables into a jar or storage container with a lid.
- Mix together the pickling liquid and pour over the top of the vegetables.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Cover and refrigerate left overs up to two weeks.
- Beware though that radishes contain sulfur compounds and can be a bit smelly when pickled. The odor dissipates once you open the container and the sulfur doesn’t contribute any flavor to the pickles at all. Just a note to be aware of if you plan to use radishes in your Quick Pickled Vegetable mix.
- Category: side dish
- Method: refrigerator
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: pickled vegetables, recipe, how to make, prepare, homemade, from scratch, asian, canning, easy,