Pork Tenderloin is a very lean cut of meat that is flavorful and juicy. It requires no major preparation to deliver a delicious meal in just 30-minutes.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the pork dry and cut off any large pieces of surface fat or silver skin covering the meat. Mix all the spices in a small bowl. Rub the spice mix into the surface of the pork on all sides.
- On the stove over medium-high heat, heat the skillet and add the olive oil. when the pan is hot, add the pork in the pan, curving it to the shape of the pan if it’s too long. Cook the tenderloin 5 minutes to caramelize the top and then flip it and cook for another 5 minutes to caramelize the other side.
- Remove the pan from the cooktop and place it into the preheated oven and continue to roast for another 15 minutes.
- The pork is done when its internal temperature registers 140°F to 145°F in the thickest part of the meat.
- Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Cooking time is the same if you use one or both tenderloins.
Keywords: pork, tenderloin, oven, roasted, easy, 30 minute meal, quick, MSG free, dinner, budget friendly, pork roast, how to cook a pork tenderloin