Easy and affordable, Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables is such a comfort food made simple. Baked alongside diced Russet potatoes and whole carrots, this meal is loaded with flavor from everyday pantry ingredients.
Baking everything on one pan in the oven couldn’t be easier and it frees me up to do other things, like helping with homework or getting ready for soccer practice. It also cuts down on the number of dirty dishes I create which is always a blessed affair in my house. Fewer dishes also means out of the kitchen (and the house) faster!
Life is already overly complicated — dinner doesn’t have to be!
Do you have a sheet pan or one-pot dinner you’re particularly fond of? Share it with me in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you!
Do you love chicken? Check out these other Chicken recipes:
Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Yield 4 Servings
Easy and affordable, Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken and vegetables is such a comfort food made simple. Baked alongside diced Russet potatoes and whole carrots, this meal is loaded with flavor from everyday pantry ingredients.
For the potatoes:
For the Carrots:
- 4 large carrots, peeled and left whole
- drizzle of olive oil, just enough to coat
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- sprinkle with dried parsley (optional)
For the Chicken Breasts
- 2 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- drizzle lightly with olive oil, just enough to coat
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried parsley leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and any combination of seasonings; pour into pan.
- Rub chicken with a small amount of olive oil and then lightly season with herbs and spices. Place skin side up in pan.
- Lightly oil the carrots and then season with salt, ground black pepper, and sprinkle with parsley. Place on the pan.
- Place sheet pan in the oven. Roast 40-45 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F) and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken from the bone and slice into individual servings.
Courses Dinner, Main Meal, Entree