This 30-minute Skillet Lasagna tastes just like traditional lasagna without all the fuss of layering! Add this quick and simple dish into your weeknight dinner rotation and take your ordinary pasta night from ordinary to extraordinary!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups Pasta Sauce; homemade or your favorite jarred sauce
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, more or less to taste
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into bite-sized pieces or your favorite dry pasta
- Optional Cheese Garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz ricotta cheese
- Heat large 12-inch skillet oven over medium-high heat. Add beef, Italian sausage and onions and cook, stirring occasionally until beef is browned.
- Next, add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes (optional) and saute for another minute or two. If necessary, drain off any excess fat.
- Add your favorite sauce (homemade or jarred), 4 cups chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, sugar, spices and broken lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally; approximately 25-30 minutes.
- If desired, stir in a little extra chicken stock (or water) to reach desired consistency.
- Garnish with cheese and serve hot.
If you have a pre-mixed Italian Seasoning blend, you can substitute 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of the Italian Seasoning Blend for the 1 tablespoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, & 1 teaspoon dried oregano.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: how to, Italian, skillet, one-pot, lasagna, pasta