Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are easy to prepare and are a crowd favorite. This delicious hot vegetarian appetizer will satisfy everyone on your guest list.
- 1/2 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat Italian parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 24 large (2 1/2-inch-diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Gently clean and remove the stems from the mushroom caps. Place the caps, stem side up, on a baking sheet and set the stems aside for later. Once all the caps are cleaned and stemmed, prepare the stems by trimming the ends and them chopping them finely.
- Saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing mixture. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes until the caps are tender. Serve hot.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: italian, cheese, herb, stuffed, mushrooms, baked, appetizer