Loosely based on our Sweet and Spicy Honey Sriracha Chicken, these Sweet & Spicy Grilled Shrimp are quick and simple to make and taste amazing fresh off the grill. My husband and I enjoyed these while dining outside on the patio with some marinated mushrooms as a quick and simple lunch. Though these were a little too spicy for my 5-year-old daughter’s tastes, she did enjoy some plain grilled shrimp which were easy enough to whip up along side as we were grilling our lunch.
Reserving some extra sauce to baste the shrimp again once they are off the grill is my favorite way to serve this dish and doubling up on the skewers makes the shrimp much easier to flip when grilling.
Sweet & Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp , peeled and deveined; tails on
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Clean and lightly oil the grill. Stir together chili sauce and honey. Assemble shrimp skewers by using 2 long skewers for each set of shrimp.
- First, thread 1 skewer through head end of shrimp and then a second skewer through tail end; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill until shrimp begin to turn opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, brush liberally with glaze, and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush with more glaze and serve.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on