My husband and I were recently saying that the best recipes happen by accident. As I was enjoying my Vietnamese inspired Shrimp Lettuce Wraps when it hit me… this would make a great salad! I ran this idea by my husband and he agreed and so the Vietnamese Spring Roll Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing was born. Consider this a deconstructed spring roll. If you like fresh spring rolls, then you’ll love this salad. It’s got all the goodness of a Vietnamese Summer Roll – rice noodles, shrimp, veggies, and fresh herbs combined into a bowl of salad. The result? Great flavor, minus the labor! The sauce is the magic touch that pulls this delightful dish together. It has all of the usual ingredients: hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, and peanut butter. I simply combine everything together in the food processor to form a thick paste and then I use a little water to thin it out to the desired consistency.
Vietnamese Summer Roll Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing
Vietnamese Summer Roll Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing has goodness of a Vietnamese roll – rice noodles, shrimp, veggies, and herbs in a bowl of salad.
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces rice noodles, cooked per manufacturer’s instructions, room temperature
- 4 green onion, ends trimmed, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut in matchsticks
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in matchsticks
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, leaves torn in bite-size pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh thai basil or cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts for garnish
- Prepare the sauce:
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. If too thick, add water to desired consistency. Transfer to a bowl.
- Prepare the salad:
- Layer all of the ingredients into each serving bowls. Top with shrimp, extra Thai basil, cilantro and chopped peanuts. Serve with sauce on the side.
Serving Size 6 oz
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 11.2 g
Saturated Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 239 mg
Sodium 933 mg
Total Carbohydrates 26.6 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 34.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.