The flavor is bright and refreshing and tastes like summer in a glass. I’ll be serving these at my next taco or Cinco de Mayo party for sure.
For the Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 large pieces of lime zest (from the juiced limes below)
For the Margaritas
- 24 ounces seedless watermelon cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 large pieces of lime zest (from the juiced limes)
- 1.5 cups white or silver tequila
- small watermelon wedges
- margarita salt, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, water, and lime zest to a boil over high. Reduce to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves, 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender , puree watermelon cubes until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, into a large pitcher filled halfway with ice. Stir in the simple syrup, fresh lime juice, and tequila.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedges.
- If you prefer frozen margaritas, simply blend these with a pitcher of ice!
- Category: Beverage
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Watermelon Margaritas, adult beverage recipe, MSG free, party drinks, Tequila home made, Cinco de mayo,