Zesty Marinated Shrimp makes a great appetizer or first course and is wonderful on top of a salad with the sauce as a vinaigrette.
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes, or more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to taste fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cook shrimp in boiling salted water until pink. Usually 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl or zip top bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over warm shrimp. Toss well so every shrimp is coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 to 10 hours (overnight is best). Drain excess sauce from shrimp before serving.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: marinated, shrimp, salad, appetizer, msg free, recipe, easy, homemade, zesty, overnight, cold, cooked, cocktail, appetizers,