Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders
This easy Chicken Tender recipe is low in fat and calories. Don’t let that fool you, they are packed with flavor! Ready in just 12-minutes, this is one meal your entire family will love!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 8 chicken tenders , raw
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of water
- canola or non-fat cooking spray
For the dredge coating:
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper , more or less to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Pictured here served with Homemade Ranch Dressing.
- 1 cup Your Favorite DIpping sauce - like Ranch Dressing, Honey mustard, Blue Cheese, or even BBQ!
Combine the dredge coating ingredients in a shallow bowl or baking pan large enough to fit the chicken pieces.
In a second shallow bowl or baking pan, place egg and water and whisk to combine.
Dip chicken tenders into the egg wash and then into the panko dredge mixture.
Place the breaded tenders into the fry basket. Repeat with remaining tenders.
Spray a light coat of canola oil or non-fat cooking spray over the panko.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees and fry for 12 minutes. Check the chicken halfway through the cooking time and turn the chicken over to brown the other side.
Note: The cooking time may be more or less depending on the size and thickness of your chicken tenders, finers or nuggets, and the quantity of chicken in the basket.
- For best results, do not skip coating the chicken with your favorite cooking spray or turning them halfway through cooking.
- Dipping sauce calories not included in the recipe calorie count.
Serving: 2TENDERS | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 429mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 138IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin D: 1µg | Vitamin E: 1mg | Vitamin K: 1µg | Calcium: 113mg | Folate: 25µg | Iron: 1mg | Zinc: 1mg