This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Potato salad is another family favorite that is great in the summertime served alongside pretty much anything you can grill up. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken, or steaks. You name it. It just goes well together. Every family has their own secret ingredient that makes theirs the best. Mine is Creamy Potato Salad with Olives, Pickles, and Eggs.
My husband had never had such a mash-up in his potato salad until he tried mine. Once he tried it, he was hooked. We even made a big batch and brought it up to the station for a catered dinner we made. Everyone who tried it liked it. I start by boiling the potatoes until they are fork-tender.
Once the potatoes hit the colander to drain, I season them with vinegar, salt, and pepper. This gives the potatoes some time to absorb the vinegar. I let the excess go down the drain. I then set the potatoes aside to cool.
While the potatoes cool a little, I prepare the mayonnaise. Now, I will say I have a preference for my mayonnaise base. If you have a mayonnaise you prefer above all others, use that. I prefer Dukes. Once you’ve got the mayonnaise seasoned, add the potatoes and toss to coat. Then fold in the other add-ins like olives, pickles, eggs, and fresh herbs. Cover and refrigerate for at least and hour or up to overnight to give the flavors a chance to meld.
Potato salad is another family favorite that is great in the summertime served alongside pretty much anything you can grill up. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken, or steaks.
- 1.5 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, cleaned and cut in half
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, like Dukes
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or white vinegar
- 3 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, diced small
- 1/3 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, chopped, like Mario’s Olives.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut potatoes in halves or thirds, then boil until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- While the potatoes are still hot, toss them with the vinegar and then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix potatoes together with mayonnaise, paprika, dry mustard, green onions, parsley, salt, and pepper. Fold in pickles, olives, and eggs then taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
Keywords: potato salad, picnic salads, creamy, olive, herbs, how to make, homemade, from scratch, party idea, bbq sides, cookout, msg free, mayonnaise based,
If you liked this post, you may also like: