Italian-Style Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are easy to prepare and are a crowd favorite. This delicious hot vegetarian appetizer will satisfy everyone on your guest list.
My favorite go-to appetizer to make for any occasion are these Italian-Style Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms and that’s a good thing because my family basically assigned these to me after having them. I’m not even kidding.
The original recipe, I found in a cookbook at the time and I made them for Christmas. Since then, they’ve become THE appetizer my family always requests I bring to an event.
So, these little gems of cheesy goodness show up at all our major holiday celebrations and most other family functions because they are so easy to make and people love them. Having a hot appetizer that is so easy to prepare and one that can be made in advance is a great advantage on a busy party day. If I’m running short on time, I prepare them earlier in the day and bake them off right before serving time.
Look for mushroom caps that are closed or slightly open around the stem. I use both white button mushrooms and baby Bellas for this recipe and both are delicious.
To dress these up you can add bacon and broil them at the end just to crisp it up. To go gluten-free, you can use gluten-free panko. There are brands of gluten-free bacon on the market as well making this a very versatile dish. I even made this vegan once for my cousin when he was visiting.
Having a hot appetizer that is so easy to prepare and one that can be made in advance is a great advantage on a busy party day. If I know I’ll be running short on time, I prepare them a day ahead and bake them off right before serving time. There are not usually any leftovers but when there are, they are easily reheated.
This cheesy mushroom stuffing is also great in Grilled Pork Chops.
Need some other quick appetizers? Check these out:
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Nashville Hot Chicken Wings
- Baked Parmesan Cheese Fries
- BLT Dip
- Barbecue Dry-Rubbed Chicken Wings
- Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread
Want To Try This Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are easy to prepare and are a crowd favorite. This delicious hot vegetarian appetizer will satisfy everyone on your guest list.
- 1/2 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat Italian parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 24 large (2 1/2-inch-diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Gently clean and remove the stems from the mushroom caps. Place the caps, stem side up, on a baking sheet and set the stems aside for later. Once all the caps are cleaned and stemmed, prepare the stems by trimming the ends and them chopping them finely.
- Saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing mixture. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes until the caps are tender. Serve hot.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: italian, cheese, herb, stuffed, mushrooms, baked, appetizer
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: