It’s time for the big game and you have a crowd to feed. What better way to satisfy the hunger of your family and friends than with the Tex-Mex flavors of fajitas.
All it takes is some very simple ingredients and a little time to marinate and everyone will think you spent hours preparing this simple dish.
Although beef is traditionally used, this recipe can also be made with chicken, pork, shrimp or firm tofu. Before the big game, prepare all your vegetables and start the meat or tofu marinating.
When the rumbles of hunger start, it will only take about 15 minutes to cook.
Love Tacos like we do? Check out thee other taco recipes:
For the Marinade
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 6 Tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2-1 Jalapeno seeded and finely chopped (optional)1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
For the Filling
- 1 1/2 lb flank, skirt or London Broil steak
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3-4 bell peppers use multiple colors, cut in half, seeded and sliced 1/4-1/2 inch wide
- 1 poblano or jalapeno seeded and sliced, optional
- 8 oz Mushrooms, optional
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a zipper bag, place steak in the back and make sure marinade coats all sides. Refrigerate 2-4 hrs or on the counter for 1 hr.
- When ready to eat heat a cast iron pan on high heat for 2 min, add half the oil and the steak.. cook 3-4 min each side for medium rare. Remove and let rest.
- While meat is resting lower heat to medium-high, add remaining oil and vegetables. Cook 5-7 minutes, try not to stir too often in order to get the sear marks on your vegetables.
- Slice meat thinly against the grain as this makes for a very tender cut of meat
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings…we used shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, fresh salsa and warm tortillas.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg