This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
This creamy and delicious Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup is simple to prepare and makes a perfect first course to your Holiday dinner.
Fall is a time when we welcome cooler weather and begin turning from traditional lighter summer meals back to our favorite comfort foods.
Recently, I came home from the local farmers market with a bounty of Fall vegetables. My prize pick was a beautiful, butternut squash. I wanted to make something that would give me all the flavors of Fall in one healthful yet hearty meal.
What would be better suited than this rich and creamy soup?
Paired with a loaf of crusty bread and a stunning Apple, Pecan and Blue Cheese Salad this simple soup is transformed into a luxurious meal.
This flavorful soup contains the flavors of fall that I absolutely crave.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES?
- White Chicken Chili
- Portuguese Sausage Potato kale soup
- Pasta e Fagioli Soup
- Best Ever Chick Pot Pie Soup
Want To Try This Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
This creamy and delicious Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup is simple to prepare and makes a perfect first course for your Holiday dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium or 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet or yellow onion chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk or soy milk
- salt & fresh pepper to taste
- roasted butternut squash seeds (optional)
- Melt butter over medium heat in large saucepan. Add squash, carrots, onions, and celery, saute for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth until vegetables are just covered, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to simmer for 40 minutes. Remove from heat and place vegetables into a blender (reserve liquid in the pot).
- Blend until smooth, return mixture to pot and stir into liquid, add half and half, salt and pepper to taste and any additional chicken stock to get the consistency you desire.
To blend the soup, you can either use an immersion blender right in the soup pot or transfer it to your blender (love my Ninja) and puree until smooth.
Keywords: how to, butternut squash, carrot, soup
This post was last updated on