Hungry for more Burger Recipes? Bite into these:
Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- 1 cup jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup minced fresh onion
- 1 pkg large frozen buttermilk biscuits (like Grands - in the freezer section of the grocery)
- 32 oz bag tater tots , crispy crowns or regular frozen french fries
- cheddar cheese
- diced onions
- blue cheese
- BBQ sauce
- ... any other topping you love on your burger
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Lightly spray or oil a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In four rows of three, place the frozen biscuits into the bottom of the pan.
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat seasoning the meat with salt and pepper. Drain fat from pan and return to the stove top. Lower heat to low and add the pepper jack and colby jack cheese, milk, ketchup and steak sauce, stirring frequently until it is melted and well incorporated. If the sauce is too thick, add another 1/4 cup of milk.
- Pour the cheeseburger mixture over the top of the biscuits.
- Next layer on the tater tots, crowns or french fries - spreading them out until they cover the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining half cup of cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 - 40 minutes, or until potatoes are done and crispy and biscuits are cooked through.
- Yields 6 - 8 servings
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.