Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole is kid-friendly and easy to make. which is great because kids love casseroles. It’s true! Whenever mine sees a casserole in the oven, they can’t wait to see what it will be. This particular one is now one of their favorites because it combines two of their favorite foods – Cheeseburgers and French Fries.
What I like about this dish is it is so very versatile. You can easily dress it up any way you’d like simply by adding or swapping out ingredients to create a variety of flavor combinations.
My friend, Judith, The Midnight Baker, is where I first saw this recipe.
I modified hers just a bit to incorporate the ingredients I had on hand, but the results were the same – phenomenal.
Hungry for more Burger Recipes? Bite into these:
Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole
You can easily dress up this dish any way you'd like simply by adding or swapping out ingredients to create a variety of flavor combinations.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- 1 cup jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup minced fresh onion
- 1 pkg large frozen buttermilk biscuits (like Grands - in the freezer section of the grocery)
- 32 oz bag tater tots , crispy crowns or regular frozen french fries
- cheddar cheese
- diced onions
- blue cheese
- BBQ sauce
- ... any other topping you love on your burger
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Lightly spray or oil a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In four rows of three, place the frozen biscuits into the bottom of the pan.
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat seasoning the meat with salt and pepper. Drain fat from pan and return to the stove top. Lower heat to low and add the pepper jack and colby jack cheese, milk, ketchup and steak sauce, stirring frequently until it is melted and well incorporated. If the sauce is too thick, add another 1/4 cup of milk.
- Pour the cheeseburger mixture over the top of the biscuits.
- Next layer on the tater tots, crowns or french fries - spreading them out until they cover the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining half cup of cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 - 40 minutes, or until potatoes are done and crispy and biscuits are cooked through.
- Yields 6 - 8 servings
Serving: 11/12 portionCalories: 555kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 23gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 881mgPotassium: 563mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 231IUVitamin C: 6mgVitamin D: 1µgVitamin E: 1mgVitamin K: 6µgCalcium: 223mgFolate: 62µgIron: 3mgZinc: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!