Chocolate Walnut Crescent Twist Bread starts with refrigerated crescent roll dough for a quick and easy breakfast or dessert. This chocolatey treat is a family favorite.
Start by lightly flouring a sheet of parchment paper and then unroll the crescent dough on top. Roll lightly with a rolling pin to seal the seams.
Gently spread softened cream cheese over the entire surface.
Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon-sugar.
Top liberally with mini chocolate chips…
Top with toasted chopped walnuts.
Roll along the long edge into a log and seal the seam.
Bring the ends together to form a circle.
Grab the ends and twist in opposite directions to form a twist and then bake until golden brown.
Cool before slicing.
Chocolate Walnut Crescent Twist
For the Bread:
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 refrigerated crescent roll sheet
- 1/3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts , toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces cream cheese , softened
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts , toasted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet tray with a piece of parchement paper or silicon baking mat. Sprinkle ligtly with some all-purpose flour (optional).
- Unroll dough; with a rolling pin or your fingers press or roll lightly and evenly to form a 12x8-inch rectangle. Firmly press perforations together to seal.
- Evenly spread cream cheese onto the dough. I heat mine for 10 seconds in the microwave and then stir untl it's easily spreadable.
- Next, sprinkle dough with the cinnamon and sugar, then sprinkle on the 1/3 cups of chocolate chips and toasted walnuts.
- Starting at the long side, roll up forming a log; pinch edges to seal. Join the ends together to form ring; press to seal.
- Grabbing each end, gently twist ring in opposite directions to form a figure 8; place onto the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool slightly before glazing.
- To make glaze, combine sugar, milk and vanilla till smooth. If too thick add a few more drops of milk. With a spoon, piping bag, or zip top bag with a small hole cut into one corner, drizzle the glaze over the top of the pastry. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts, optional.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.