Quick and Easy Cheese Danish makes any morning feel special. This pastry is easy to prepare and can be adapted to different fruits and fillings.
Quick and Easy Cheese Danish is a treat I like to prepare on hectic Holiday mornings when I often find myself looking for something quick and easy to prepare my family for breakfast.
Since we will more than likely be eating a heavy dinner, I try to make a smaller breakfast so we save room for the appetizers, entrees, and desserts soon to be invading the buffet. These are so simple to make you can even employ the help of small children who love to help in the kitchen.
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
Bacon & Potato Breakfast Quiche
Want to try this Easy Cheese Danish Recipe?
Pin it to your BREAKFAST, BRUNCH, HOLIDAY or DESSERT board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Quick and Easy Cheese Danish
Quick and Easy Cheese Danish makes any morning feel special. This pastry is easy to prepare and can easily be adapted to different fruits and fillings.
- 2 can refrigerated crescent rolls 8 pack
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Fresh berries , optional
For teh Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously grease a 9X13-inch baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan, pressing together the seams.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the crescent rolls.
- Optional: Add about 1 cup of raspberries, blueberries, mixed berries or apples and cinnamon fresh fruit or fruit compote onto the cheese layer prior to baking.
- Carefully lay the second pack of crescent rolls over the top of the cheese mixture. Brush the top layer with egg white to ensure even browning.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- While the danish is baking, combine all the glaze ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Once removed from the oven. cool for 20 minutes before topping with the glaze.
Make sure the dough is kept refrigerated until ready to use to make it easier to use. Nutrition is calculated based on the recipe as written. Additions, omissions, or substitutions will change the calculated values shown. The addition, omission, or substitution of ingredients will alter the nutritional information shown. Nutrition percentages are based on a 2000-calorie diet. The FDA recommends 80 micrograms of vitamin K.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 4gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 223mgPotassium: 78mgSugar: 29gVitamin A: 619IUVitamin D: 1µgVitamin E: 1mgVitamin K: 1µgCalcium: 52mgFolate: 8µgIron: 1mgZinc: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
4 thoughts on “Quick and Easy Cheese Danish”
So easy and so tasty. Dad loved it for fathers day
I love cheese danishes. This looks like a quick and simple recipe. I will have to keep it in mind. Thanks for sharing. They look yummy.