Quick and Easy Cheese Danish are a treat I like to prepare on hectic Holiday mornings when I often find myself looking for something quick and easy to prepare my family for breakfast.
Quick and Easy Cheese Danish
- 2 cans ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Fresh berries, optional
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously grease a 9X13-inch baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan, pressing together the seams.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the crescent rolls.
- Optional: Add about 1 cup of raspberries, blueberries, mixed berries or apples and cinnamon fresh fruit or fruit compote onto the cheese layer prior to baking.
- Carefully lay the second pack of crescent rolls over the top of the cheese mixture. Brush the top layer with egg white to ensure even browning.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- While the danish is baking, combine all the glaze ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Once removed from the oven. cool for 20 minutes before topping with the glaze.