I’ve been eyeing the new air fryers for a long time. I loved the idea but I wasn’t sure I needed another small appliance, however, after all the glowing reviews, I decided to take the plunge. Last week, I splurged and bought myself the Power Air Fryer XL. It has a larger 5.3 Qt frying basket perfectly sized for a small family.
I have to admit, I had no idea how many things I could do with my Air Fryer. I was sort of shocked to learn that it does far more than just fry. It also roasts and bakes. Thinking back, this darn thing would have been perfect for me when I was in college. Good Bye toaster oven hello Power Air Fryer XL!
I have to be honest, when I ran my first test of the these Ranch Chicken Tenders, I was completely impressed with how crispy they were in just 12 minutes and using only a small spray of fat-free oil – just enough to lightly coat the panko crumbs to help with browning.
The chicken was not only crunchy on the outside, it was also tender and juicy on the inside. The subtle flavors of the wet dredge can be tasted in the crunchy crumb topping. I served these with a side of Ranch Dressing, but you could also serve these with Honey Mustard, Jamaican Barbecue Sauce, or Polynesian Sauce. All are very good options for these lightly flavored chicken tenders.
For sides, we served these ranch chicken tenders with a side of vegetables and a fresh garden salad.
Save these Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Tenders to your “Appetizer” or “chicken”, “Dinner” and “Air Fryer” boards.
While we’re at it, let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m always pinning great new content.
Love your new Air Fryer, too? Check out these other recipes:
- Zesty Breaded Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Fried Ravioli
- Easy Air Fryer Falafel
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Tenders
Yield 4 Servings
Power Air Fryer Recipe: Ranch Chicken Tenders #Chicken #AirFryer #Recipes #PowerAirFryerXL #KitchenDreaming
- 8 chicken tenders, raw
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of water
- canola or non-fat cooking spray
For the dredge coating:
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Combine the dredge coating ingreadients in a bowl big enough to fit the chicken pieces.
- In a second bowl large enough for dredging, place egg and water and whisk to combine.
- Dip chicken tenders into the egg wash and then into the panko dredge mixture.
- Place the breaded tenders into the fry basket. Repeat with remaining tenders.
- Place the Fry Basket into the Power Air Fryer XL.
- Spray a light coat of canola oil of non-fat cooking spray over the panko.
- Press the M button. Scroll to the French Fries Icon.
- Press the Power Button. Adjust cooking time to 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Halfway through cooking, flip the tenders over.
- To make this recipe with mayonnaise, omit the water and egg wash. Then to 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mayonnaise, add in all the ingredients for the dredge (except the Panko breadcrumbs). Once the chicken tenders are coated in mayonnaise, roll them in panko bread crumbs. Continue cooking as instructed above.
Courses Dinner, entree, main meal