Growing up in New England, fish was on our dinner table at least once a week, however, it was almost always fried. As I got older and my parents got a little more health conscious, my Mom experimented with baking, poaching and even steaming our fish.
Panko Crusted Baked Cod Fish
Growing up in New England, fish was on our dinner table at least once a week however, it was almost always fried. With the current trend being baked, this dish is light and flaky and the Panko gives it a nice crunch.
- 2 lbs cod, cut into serving size pieces
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- Heat over to 450 °F.
- Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Beat egg and egg white into bowl.
- Place panko in bowl with seasonings.
- Dip fish into egg, then into panko, pressing panko into fish.
- Place fish on cookie sheet, after all fish is coated, spray fish with cooking spray.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until coating is nicely browned and fish flakes easily.