This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Freshly cut pineapple spears tossed with brown sugar and cinnamon and then grilled to absolute perfection. This Brazilian Grilled Pineapple in cinnamon-sugar glaze will easily become your new favorite recipe this grilling season!
My co-worker and I were talking about Brazilian restaurants when he asked if I’d ever tried the grilled pineapple. Now while I’ve had grilled pineapple before, I’d never tried it with cinnamon and brown sugar. It sounded delicious enough that I wanted to give it a try, but I didn’t need to head out to the Brazilian restaurant; this dish can be made in my own backyard!
Fresh Pineapple is cut into spears (or rings), tossed with cinnamon and brown sugar, and then grilled to absolute perfection. Warm with the sugars caramelized from the grill, this pineapple is divine. Something so simple delivers such big, inviting flavors. I served this as a side to my Pineapple-Orange Glazed Ham but it can also be served as a dessert – which is what we did with the leftovers.
Love at first bite.
Love at first bite.
Need some other quick appetizers?
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Nashville Hot Chicken Wings
- Baked Parmesan Cheese Fries
- BLT Dip
- Barbecue Dry-Rubbed Chicken Wings
- Spinach Dip Stuffed French Bread
Want To Try This Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Fresh cut pineapple spears tossed with brown sugar and cinnamon and then grilled to absolute perfection. This Grilled Pineapple will easily become your new favorite recipe this grilling season!
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into spears [See Note 1]
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- whipped cream
- toasted coconut
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. [See Note 2]
- Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon until well combined.
- Pour cinnamon-sugar mixture over cut pineapple, coating all surfaces, and then marinate for 30 minutes. This allows the natural juices to for a glaze.
- Place pineapple on the prepared grill and cook until the sugars are caramelized and the pineapple is tender 1-3 minutes on the each side- depending on thickness.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Most grocers sell fresh pineapple rings or spears already cut with core removed. My store often has these pre-cut pineapples on sale at lower prices than whole pineapples.
- Not recommended for indoor grill surfaces as the sugars smoke a lot during caramelization.
Keywords: grilled, pineapple, dessert, grilling, recipe, msg free, kid friendly, easy, brown sugar,
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: