This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Cooking with Kids Best Lemon Bar Recipe. This lemon bar recipe is for lemon lovers and packs a powerful lemon flavor.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES?
- Quick and Easy Cheese Danish
- Magic Crust (Wicked Easy) Cherry Cobbler
- Pistachio Bundt Cake
- Baked Doughnuts without a special doughnut pan
- Butter Rum Bundt Cake
Want To Try This Easy Lemon Bar Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
This lemon bar recipe is for lemon lovers and thankfully so because both of my kids just adore anything lemon.
for the crust
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
for the filling
- 4 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup flour
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter. Blend until just combined.
- Gather the dough into a ball and flatten it with floured hands and press it into a well oiled 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, the crust will still be very pale to very lightly browned at this point. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour the filling over the crust and then bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature before removing from the pan.
- Cut into small squares or triangles and dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Keywords: lemon bars, pastry, dessert