This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Topped with fresh warm Blueberry Sauce, this easy Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast pleases any crowd and does not require an overnight set up. Substitute any fruit in place of the blueberries, if desired.
This is not another recipe for an overnight French Toast Casserole – although it can be if you prefer. I’m not usually that well thought out as to get a casserole ready in advance. I usually toss this together in the morning and give it a few minutes to meld together in the pan and allow the bread to soak up the egg mixture and then I pop it into the oven after I’ve had my coffee.
Once I stuff the cream cheese mixture between all the slices, I pour the egg mixture all over the top, between gaps in the slices and around the edges of the loaf. If necessary, I press down on the bread a few times to help ease the process of soaking up the liquid. This stage can be ready in as little as 15 minutes. It’s not pretty, but it sure does look and taste good when it’s finished. 😉
Into the oven it goes to fluff up and bakes. This easily feeds a crowd with minimal hands-on time and doesn’t take up the valuable real estate in my refrigerator overnight – which is a commodity at my house, especially during the Holidays.
Top with fresh warm Blueberry Sauce and a light dusting of powdered sugar and you have a French Toast Casserole to please a crowd. This is also delicious with a fresh strawberry sauce.
This Baked Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Blueberry Sauce is:
easy to make
tender & fluffy inside
sweet yet tangy
perfect topped with powdered sugar or maple syrup
Looking for more brunch ideas? Check these out:
Want To Try This Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Topped with fresh warm Blueberry Sauce, this easy Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Blueberry Sauce pleases any crowd.
For the Filling:
- 2 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the French Toast:
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf challah bread sliced (1-in. thick)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest and cinnamon until smooth; set aside.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons filling in between each slice of bread.
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture over and along the sides of the bread.
- Cover, and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned.
- While that bakes, start the syrup by combining the water, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes to thicken. Reduce heat; add blueberries and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until berries are tender. Set aside to cool.
Keywords: baked, stuffed, french toast, blueberry, cream cheese, brioche