I have really been relying a lot more on my Crock Pot lately. With the right ingredients and attention to cooking times, the flavors you can coax out of a crock pot meal are pretty amazing. This Crock Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken is certainly no exception. I like to make a large batch and use it a couple of days of the week and a few different applications. It’s really incredibly easy and the spiciness of the tacos can be easily adjusted which is great so if you like spicy turn up the heat! If you’re not a fan, we can tweak that, too! The best part is this Crock Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken is EASY to use in so MANY recipes. SCORE!
The chicken is so tender it shreds with a pair of forks. Then I dump all the meat back into the cooking liquid and give it a good stir. This allows the meat to get back in there and mingle and get totally coated in all that yummy sauce. I’m drooling just thinking about it.
Just look it! Tender, juicy and delicious! Want a taste? This bite is just for you…YUMMMM!
Cinco de Mayo is coming up soon and we’re using this recipe for Baked Chicken Tacos, Burritos, flautas, taquitos and chicken quesadillas just to name a few. Chicken taco salad? Yes, please! One simple recipe with unlimited options on how to use it.
Crock Pot Shredded Mexican Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, see notes
- 1 4 oz. can mild green chilies
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2-4 tablespoons Chipotle in Adobo, use more or less for desired spiciness
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- hot sauce to taste
- Add the chicken breasts into the bottom of your slow cooker. Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the hot sauce over the top pf the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Cooking times vary based on the model and size of your crock pot.
- Remove chicken to shallow pan or cutting board. With two forks, shred the chicken completely. At this point, return the chicken aback into the crock pot to mingle and get coated with the flavorful cooking liquid. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Add hot sauce to taste, if desired.