This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
My husband is an avid snacker and likes to nosh on tasty tidbits during his down time both at the station and at home. Granted, with our schedules, he doesn’t have much down time these days but nevertheless, he does still enjoy snack time. The other thing we really enjoy is hosting a family gathering or backyard party. I love making homemade treats for everyone to enjoy so with backyard barbecue season here, I’m getting ahead on making some snacks to serve our guests.
This Homemade Spicy Party Mix utilizes many of our favorite flavors in one bowl. Of course, you can increase the heat by adding more sriracha sauce, if desired. The flavors start off lightly spiced and build just a little bit on the back end. After all, I still want to taste the components and not just the heat! This would also be great with some wasabi or sriracha flavored peas mixed in but I didn’t have any on hand but I plan to do that with my next batch. Sounds good, right?
This mix is easy to make and certainly feeds a crowd. When it’s all done, this will fill a gallon sized storage bag and weighed in at 40 oz, so you’ll definitely have plenty enough to go around! This mix satisfies a variety of cravings ranging from salty, spicy, crunchy and nutty going on inside. It also has a little Asian flair with the addition of sesame crackers, soy sauce, and Sriracha red pepper sauce as well. I have to tell you that I was instantly addicted to this party mix!Print
This Homemade Spicy Party Mix utilizes many of our favorite flavors in one bowl.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 8 tablespoons) unsalted butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons low salt soy sauce sauce
- 2 teaspoons Homemade seasoned salt Blend
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Sriracha red pepper sauce
- 6 cups (14 oz box) Toasted Wheat squares cereal
- 2 cups sesame sticks
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 cup pretzels
- 2 cups cheese crackers
- Heat oven to 250°F.
- In a large roasting pan , melt butter. Stir in soy sauce, seasoned salt and sriracha sauce. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes for even browning. Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Category: Snack
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Homemade Spicy Party Mix, recipe, homemade, from scratch, how to make, mix, chex mix, cereal,