This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Hot and cheesy, gooey and melty, Hot Spinach Dip is the perfect appetizer. Ready to serve!
Spinach dip is a long-standing party tradition – at least at my house. Served either hot or cold, you can find it on almost any party buffet. I’ve even seen it cropping up lately on restaurant menus as a hot appetizer served with nacho chips.
The prices restaurants fetch for such a small portion is astounding but I can see why. Hot and cheesy, gooey and melty, Hot Spinach Dip is the perfect appetizer.
This dip comes together quickly using many staples you may already have in your pantry. Serve it with nacho chips, pretzels, or pieces of french bread for a hearty appetizer.
LOOKING FOR MORE APPETIZER RECIPES?
Want To Try This Appetizer Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Hot Spinach Dip
For the Dip:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion , diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper , diced [See Note 1], about 1/2 of a bell pepper, any color
- 2 garlic cloves , minced, about 2 teaspoons
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained (squoze dry)
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained.
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika [See Note 2]
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper , more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise [See Note 3]
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened [See Note 3]
- 1/2 cup sour cream [See Note 3]
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Nacho Chips , Veggie Sticks, sliced crostini bread, and/or pretzels
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until softened. Then add bell pepper and garlic. Continue to cook for one minute.
- Stir in spinach, tomatoes, paprika, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise until well combined.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese stirring until melted. Then add the sour cream and all of the cheeses and stir until fully melted and combined.
- Let bread sit approximately 5 minutes to cool (just so you don't burn yourself) then slice. Best served warm with your choice of nacho chips, veggie sticks, sliced crostini bread, and/or pretzels for dipping.
- I use mini sweet bell peppers - a whole bag costs less than 1 bell pepper in my area. I use mult colors.
- Sweet paprika or plain paprika may be substituted for the smoked paprika. For an extra kick, spicy paprika may be used as well.
- Low fat varieties may be substituted, if desired.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: