As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
We had an “Under the Sea” birthday party for my daughter when she turned three. The party theme was in honor of her favorite Disney Princess, Ariel, also known as “The Little Mermaid”. My daughter absolutely loved her party and both the kids and the adults loved the food. This theme allowed us a variety of easy to fix foods, so we were able to really enjoy the party and the special time with our Florida family and close friends.
The “King Triton’s Seafood Salad” was, by far, the star of the show for the adults while the girls all really enjoyed “Ursula’s Octodogs” (pictured below). However, both the kids and the adults alike were drawn to the starfish PB&J sandwiches (see pic below)! Of course, no “Under the Sea” party would be complete without a Sand Castle Cake or Rainbow Fruit Kebabs.
As for the seafood salad, I never follow a particular recipe. I go by what I know to be in a deli seafood or Neptune salad and look to mimic for those textures and flavors. I assembled this salad the evening before the party and put it in the refrigerator overnight to allow the flavors to develop and re-tested it in the morning. Upon re-tasting, we felt it had perfect flavor and balance and did not need any further adjustments. On top, I carved a crab out of a red bell pepper with green olive eyes.
This Seafood Salad comes together quite easily and makes an elegant first course to a fancy meal and a delicious Po Boy sandwich, which is my favorite way to eat it. Enjoy
Looking for more salad recipes? Check these out:
- Quick and Easy Asparagus Salad
- Homemade Mayonnaise
- Caprese Salad
- Avocado with Mango Salsa
- Panzanella Salad
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 pound lump Crab - , rough chopped
- 2 pounds shrimp - , cooked, peeled, deveined with tails removed and halved
- 1/2 pound lump lobster meat - , chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley - , roughly chopped
- 1/2 sweet white onion - , minced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper - , diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper - , diced
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise - , to taste
- 1 - 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning - , divided
- Coarse salt
- Cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the first 10 ingredients using only as much mayonnaise to combine the ingredients but not have it be overly "wet".Next add 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper. Re-mix and taste. Add more salt, pepper and old bay to your own tastes.You can choose to serve immediately or refrigerate overnight for the flavors to meld. This dish is delicious served either way.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on