As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
This is a great entertaining recipe because everything can be done ahead of time. When it’s time to eat, just throw the steak or Kebabs on the grill and dinner is ready in minutes.We make chimichurri sauce a lot during the summer months when my herb garden is in full bloom. But it is just as easy in the winter to pick up a bunch of cilantro and parsley at the grocery store or farmer’s market and enjoy this fresh and flavorful sauce all year-long.
Although steak traditionally accompanies chimichurri sauce don’t let that deter you. We eat ours on anything imaginable…lamb, chicken, fish, pork, shrimp, and grilled vegetables. We’ve even eaten it alone on a slice of bread. Yes, it’s that good.. so give it a try!
Chimichurri Sauce with Steak
- 1 cup fresh parsley, firmly packed
- 1 cup cilantro, firmly packed
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes or more to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice plus lime zest
- Kosher salt to taste
- Pulse the garlic and onion in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Add the parsley and cilantro and pulse briefly, until finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl. Add the olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar, and stir. (Adding the liquids outside of the blender gives the chimichurri the correct texture. You don’t want the herbs to be completely puréed, just finely chopped).
- Season with salt to taste.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: Hispanic
Keywords: how to, homemade, chimichurri, parsley, cilantro, sauce
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on