Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin or Tenderloin
- 2 - 3 lbs Pork Loin Roast or Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pkg (12-16 oz) bacon, peppered or gluten free bacon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper , or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika, Spanish paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture on the meat, being sure to coat all sides. Shake off any excess spice mix.
- Next wrap the tenderloin in bacon. You can do this by either just wrapping single pieces around and securing it or by making a basket weave design.
- On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, place tenderloin on pan seam side down.
- Depending on the size of the roast, the cooking time will change. I figure about 20 minutes a pound and this is a very close guesstimate. Bake for 60 to 90 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of each tenderloin registers 145° F . Remove the meat from the oven. Cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Serves 6 to 8.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on