This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
The smoked paprika lends a distinct flavor to the meat and aroma to the kitchen as it bakes.
- 2 – 3 lbs Pork Loin Roast or Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pkg (12-16 oz) bacon, peppered or gluten free bacon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika, Spanish paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture on the meat, being sure to coat all sides. Shake off any excess spice mix.
- Next wrap the tenderloin in bacon. You can do this by either just wrapping single pieces around and securing it or by making a basket weave design.
- On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, place tenderloin on pan seam side down.
- Depending on the size of the roast, the cooking time will change. I figure about 20 minutes a pound and this is a very close guesstimate. Bake for 60 to 90 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of each tenderloin registers 145° F . Remove the meat from the oven. Cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Serves 6 to 8.
If the bacon is not crisp enough, you may chose to broil the tenderloin on the top rack of your oven for a few minutes to help crisp up the bacon a bit.
REMEMBER to check the loin with a meat thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of tenderloin until the temperature reaches 145 ° F. the listed times are a guide and will vary depending on you loin size.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin or Tenderloin, recipe, ingredients, how to make, bake, prepare, homemade, from scratch, msg free, family friendly, budget, meals, pork, what temperature to cook pork,