As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Asparagus salad has a wonderful flavor and lasts in the fridge for quite a few days. This is a great brunch salad and goes well aside eggs and omelets; it’s also a great side to any weeknight meal.
Asparagus is one vegetable that has somewhat of a bad reputation. This unique vegetable has a flavor all its own which, for me, is hard to describe – it tastes like nothing else I’ve ever had. Agriculturally speaking, Asparagus is a 2-year crop meaning it takes two years in the garden to be able to harvest your efforts. For this reason, Asparagus fetches a premium price at the grocery store. In the spring when Asparagus is in season, we make sure to stock up – and to make plenty of Asparagus Salad!
Looking for more salad recipes?
Want To Try This Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
- 24 Fresh Asparagus stalks - tough bottom stems removed, about 1 bunch of pencil sized asparagus stalks
- 1 Onion - medium, finely diced
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese - or Asiago, grated
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper - more or less to taste
- Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Slice the asparagus, including the tips, into thin slices, and place in a medium bowl. Add the onion and Parmesan cheese. Next add the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- The salad should be dressed an hour or two in advance of mealtime so the vinegar can tenderize the fresh asparagus and the flavors can mingle.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on