This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Cajun-Style Baked Salmon is quick and easy to prepare. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and MSG-free. This delicious dinner is ready after about 10 minutes in the oven.
It had been a long time since I’ve eaten salmon. Now that I’ve been able to re-discover it, I find that I can’t stop eating it. Salmon has a very light taste with a meaty texture and stands up well to many different cooking mediums and seasonings. My latest expedition was to try this Baked Cajun Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce.
How do I make Cajun Seasoning?
Quick cooking and delicious, this is a meal you can deliver to the table in under 10-minutes. You can opt to use a pre-made Cajun seasoning or create your own. I have included a custom blend with this recipe. However, we do also like this brand Cajun seasoning, available at most grocery stores because it is MSG-free.
Cajun seasoning typically includes sweet paprika, onion powder, Kosher salt, ground black pepper, and ground cayenne pepper as a base blend. To my cajun seasoning, I have also added dried thyme, dried oregano, and dried basil.
What Sauce Goes with Cajun salmon?
Any sauce you would normally eat on salmon would go well with Cajun salmon. I prefer a lemon butter sauce or a lemon caper sauce. I have included a lemon butter sauce with the recipe.
What do I serve with Cajun Salmon?
Cajun salmon goes great with couscous, rice pilaf, steamed white rice or any variety of roasted vegetables. Today we served our roasted salmon with asparagus that we roasted on the same pan with the salmon in the oven. Since we use the pencil-thin asparagus, it was ready in just 10 minutes. If you prefer your asparagus more tender, start it on the pan in the oven for a few minutes ahead of the salmon, for instance, while you prepare the Cajun seasoning.
Want to try this Cajun Salmon Recipe?
Pin it to your SEAFOOD, CAJUN, DINNER or ENTERTAINING board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Cajun Salmon is quick and easy to prepare. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and MSG-free. This delicious dinner is ready after about 10-minutes in the oven.
4 salmon fillets, bones removed
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make the Cajun seasoning: In a small bowl, mix all the Cajun Seasoning ingredients.
- Prepare the Salmon: Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, as the skin from the fillet(s) will stick to the pan. Sprinkle each fillet evenly with the seasoning mixture. Gently rub the mix around to get even coverage. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Create the Lemon Butter Sauce: While the fish bakes, prepare the lemon butter sauce by melting the butter either in a small saucepan or in the microwave. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir to combine. Stir in the fresh parsley. Spoon sauce over fish at the table or just before serving.
- Nutritional information does not include lemon butter sauce.
Keywords: salmon, cajun, baked
Follow along on Social Media
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE RATE THIS RECIPE & SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH US!
We appreciate your comments on our recipes. Your feedback helps me create better recipes and helps other readers as well!
This post was last updated on