This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
My husband and I have been wanting some lighter breakfast fare which doesn’t include meats, sausages or bacon as either a side or a component in the dish. To satisfy this, I used a portobello mushroom as my base. Keeping with the theme for the recipe, I added wilted spinach and a small amount of goat cheese just before topping each mushroom with an egg and baking it in the oven.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES?
Want To Try This Portobello Baked Eggs Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
These Portobello Baked Eggs are perfect for many occasions. Many can be prepared at once on a single sheet pan to feed a crowd.
- 4 medium Portabello mushroom caps
- 8 oz spinach, wilted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 oz goat cheese or chevre, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn the oven to broil. Clean mushroom caps and, if desired, lightly scrape the gills out of the underneath of each cap. Brush mushrooms on both sides with olive oil , and season with salt and pepper. Place gill side down on a sheet pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Turn the oven down to 350°F.
- Turn the mushrooms gill side up and start building. First, place the spinach into the cap building up the sides and creating a well in the middle, if necessary, to accommodate the egg. Add some goat cheese and Carefully break one egg into the well of each of the mushroom caps.
- Now place them back into your 350°F oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes depending on how well done or sunny-side-up you like your eggs. Serve immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 pc
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 164 mg
- Fat: 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 17.9 g
- Cholesterol: 201 mg
Keywords: Portabello, Baked, Eggs, Breakfast, Brunch, Brunch for a crowd
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on