I will admit, when I heard about this soup I was more than a little skeptical. I knew my kids would love it but I was not sure that I would care too much for it. So after both my kids and my husband gave it rave reviews, I decided to give it a try although I dreaded raising my spoon for that first bite.
Cheeseburger Soup has all the cheeseburger goodness in soup form, Easy to make and kid friendly, perfect for a weekday meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced leaves and all
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cups (32 oz) beef broth
- 8 oz macaroni or pasta noodles
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 dill pickle spears, sliced for garnish
- Season the ground beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder, brown in large saucepan. Drain oil and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add 4 tbsp butter, flour and onion, shredded carrots, and celery. Saute until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Next, add the broth, pasta and beef into the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, and parsley. Taste broth and season with salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat, ladle into bowls, top with dill pickle garnish and serve.
Keywords: Cheeseburger Soup, recipe, ingredients, how to make, how to cook, homemade, from scratch, msg free, comfort food, with pickles,