As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Deviled Ham Salad is a recipe it seems every family prepared in the 1970’s and even through the 1980’s and well into the 1990’s. But as our foodie curiosity grew, some of our classic recipes fell by the wayside. It’s not necessarily a bad thing either because I love the foodie revolution and the embracing of other foods and cultures from around the world. I mean, I have no idea how I ever lived before I had Easy Beef Pho, Chicken Vindaloo or Beef Empanadas. But that’s not to say that I don’t still love the American classic dishes that I grew up with.
This week my husband and I decided to try our hand at making Mom’s Deviled Ham Salad. This was always good on some rye bread with a little extra mustard but was a favorite of mine served at parties for finger sandwiches. It’s also good on butter or club crackers. A classic charcuterie platter type appetizer.
What we created was a pretty good replica of my Mom’s Deviled Ham Salad and my husband said it was better than any “potted ham” he’d ever tried, so this recipe is a keeper.Print
Deviled ham salad is quick and easy to make, and beats the canned version hands down.
- 8 oz ham, chopped (canned or leftover- either are fine)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard (or your favorite spicy or dijon mustard)
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup relish (sweet or dill)
- 2 Tbsp red onion, grated
- sliced green onions (scallions)
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- In a food processor , pulse all the ingredients except the relish and the onions until a course paste forms. Scrape the sides of the bowl down and process until your desired smoothness.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the relish and onions stirring to combine.
- Serve with crackers, rolls, or on toast points or as finger sandwiches.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Deviled Ham Salad, recipe, how to make, homemade, from scratch, msg free, appetizer, dip, party food, leftover ham recipes, lunch,
If you think Deviled Ham Salad is good, you should also try our Cedar Smoked Salmon Dip. It’s delicious, too!
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on