This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Andouille Garlic Sausage Bites are an adult version of a Pigs in a Blanket type appetizer served with a Sweetened Dijonaise Dipping Sauce. An easy 30-minute appetizer.
My husband and I like trying new and interesting products and we generally try to buy organic, free-range, hormone & antibiotic free meats as often as possible. We always reach for additive, preservative, and nitrate free foods, too. So when we were recently introduced to D’Artagnan Foods, we were quite impressed with the quality.
D’Artagnan is committed to free-range, natural production and sustainable, humane farming practices. They partner only with small farms and ranches that have strict standards & promise to never use antibiotics or hormones. These methods allow them to offer the best-tasting, conscientiously raised meat possible and this continued commitment to quality definitely shows in their products. The flavors in these Andouille Sausage Bites will not disappoint!
Buying from D’Artagnan is “NO RISK” since they back every purchase with a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can shop with confidence. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, simply phone or e-mail the company for a refund or replacement of your order. That being said, I can’t imagine that happening because the products they ship are amazing. I received a wide variety of products (of my choosing) to try and was just amazed at everything they have to offer. Shipping is fast, too. The food arrived in insulated boxes with more than enough ice packs to keep the products chilled for up to 48 hours of transit.
Ready for some more good news? If you’re someone who shops online often, you can even earn 3.5% cash back on your D’Artagnan purchases. E-bates is free to join and pays you cash back (the amount varies per vendor) for all your online purchases from affiliated marketplaces. In this case, 3.5%. So that means, if you won the $500 raffle, you would earn $17.50 cash just for shopping online. Join here: E-bates.com before heading over to their website to be sure to get your cash back reward. I’ve earned over $135.00 this year just for doing my normal online shopping. These are online purchases I’m already making anyway! That’s more money to spend on shopping! What?!?
That’s our little secret, okay? Shhhhh! Don’t tell my husband. :)
So anyway, after my packages arrived, it was a mad dash to decide which items we would try first. It was really difficult to decide because everything looks so good just straight out of the box. Luckily we’ve been working on an adult version of a “Pigs in a Blanket” type appetizer so we were anxious to put the Andouille Sausage we ordered to the test with this Andouille Sausage Bites with our Dijonaise style Mustard Dipping Sauce.
These Andouille Sausage Bites are perfect for company, game day or any other need for a quick and tasty appetizer. Did I mention that they are also super easy to make? Not only that but this whole appetizer can be made ahead of time and just popped in the oven at just the right moment to serve a fresh, hot treat to your game day or poker night guests.
These little snacks are great to help stave off the hunger pangs prior to a dinner party as well. The whole recipe was a success because just soon after serving these, the only thing left was crumbs on the plate. :)
LOOKING FOR MORE APPETIZER RECIPES?
- Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders
- Nashville Hot Chicken Tenders
- Easy Pizza Fondue (Pizza Dip)
- Air Fryer Ravioli
Want to try this ANDOUILLE GARLIC SAUSAGE BITES Recipe?
Pin it to your APPETIZER, PARTY, ENTERTAINING or RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.comPrint
Andouille Garlic Sausage Bites are an adult version of pigs in a blanket served with a sweetened Dijonaise Sauce.
For the Sausage Bites:
- 1 pound Andouille Sausage
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-2 tbsp flour for the work surface
For the Dijonaise:
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- If necessary, cook the sausages through and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Prepare the dijonaise by placing all the dijonaise ingredients in a bowl and whisking until thoroughly combined. Place in a small serving dish and set aside.
- Onto a clean work surface, scatter a tablespoon or two of flour. Roll out 1 sheet of pastry to flatten it.
- Cut the sheet of puff pastry in half lengthwise (along the middle of the long side), roll out the pastry slightly if needed to fit the sausage. Lay a cooled sausage onto the pastry dough roll it to cover the sausage completely. It’s okay to leave the ends uncovered but is also okay to wrap them completely, if you prefer. Sometimes, I add a small bit of the dijonaise inside the pastry dough but you can leave that for the side in case your guests don’t care for it.
- Working with the second piece of dough the same way you did with the first piece wrap both sausages.
- Using a fork, press the pastry edges to seal. If needed, dip your finger in some water to wet the edge of the dough to make it stick better during the sealing process.
- Brush the tops of the pastry with the egg wash. This encourages browning of the dough.
- Slice the sausages into your desired thickness and lay them on the try an inch or two apart.
- Bake until the pastry dough is golden brown and has puffed up slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe can easily be doubled with two (1 lb) packages of Andouille Sausage links to every one package (two sheets) of frozen puff pastry.
Keywords: Andouille Sausage Bites, pigs in a blanket, party recipes, home made, appetizer, party ideas, Entertaining,how to make, cook, bake
Never miss what’s coming out of our Kitchen:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: