As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
My family is divided over carrots. While my husband and I and even our daughter love them raw, our son is not a big fan at all. He likes his carrots squishy, and overdone or hidden in a pot pie. My husband and I prefer our cooked carrots to still have texture so to find a dish that strikes a chord with all of us is hard to do.For Thanksgiving, we thought we would try to spruce the carrots up a bit and glaze them with some sugar and ginger in hopes that they would be well received by our entire family. All said and done, there were no leftover carrots since everyone really enjoyed this dish. These are simple enough for a weeknight meal yet elegant enough to grace your Holiday table. Enjoy.
Looking for more vegetable inspiration? Check out these recipes:
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Potato Croquettes
- Cornbread Stuffing & Dressing
- Asparagus with Blue Cheese & Toasted Walnuts
- Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Balsamic
- Green Bean Casserole
- Herb Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Butternut Squash with Brown Butter and Sage
- Braised Kale Greens
Ginger Glazed Carrots are simple enough for a weeknight meal yet elegant enough to grace any weeknight meal or even your Holiday table.
- 2 lb carrots, peeled and sliced about 1/2 inch diagonally
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Place carrots, water and 2 tablespoons of the butter in skillet on medium heat. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 6 minutes or until carrots are slightly tender. Add brown sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, ginger, nutmeg and salt to the skillet.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently to glaze carrots. Sprinkle with parsley, just before serving.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to, glazed, ginger, carrots
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on