As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
I LOVE Hamburgers – cheeseburgers especially. There’s just so much you can do to dress up a hamburger and make it new and exciting. Jalapeños, onions, cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce – the combination of toppings you can slap on, or in this case, in a burger, is endless!
One of my favorite burgers of all time started out as a Jalapeño Cheese Stuffed Mini Meatloaf!! The flavor of the jalapeños with the cheese and BBQ sauce is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Finally, I’ve gone and put it all together on the grill with these Stuffed Jalapeño Cheeseburgers!
I form the patties by hand but I have been eyeing this nifty stuffed burger press that helps make perfectly uniform stuffed burgers. Generally, I start by dividing the meat into 8-oz portions and then creating two patties (4-oz each) from each of the larger portions. I then lay the stuffing into the center of one patty and cover it with the other. Then crimp the edges to seal in the filling from oozing out and we’re good to go.
Want To Try This Recipe?
Pin it to your FOOD AND BEVERAGE OR RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest – I am always pinning quick & easy new recipes!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
I love the flavor of jalapeños with cheddar cheese, and BBQ sauce. Finally, I’ve gone and put it all together on the grill with these Stuffed Jalapeño Cheeseburgers!
- 24 oz ( 1–1/2 lbs) lean ground beef
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese [See Note]
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced [See Note]
- BBQ sauce for basting, optional
- Preheat the grill to a medium or medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, cheese, garlic powder and diced jalapenos.
- Shape ground beef into eight 3-oz. portions on waxed paper. A kitchen scale comes in handy for this.
- Press each portion into a 4-inch patty using the back of a table fork. Take 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture and place it into the middle of a patty. Repeat with three more patties. Then, with the back of the fork, press the mixture flat into a disc in the center of the patty. Repeat with the other 3 patties.
- Cover each filled patty with one of the remaining patties. With a fork, crimp the edges of the patties to trap all that melty goodness inside the burgers.
- Season the outsides of the patties with salt and ground pepper to taste and then head to the grill.
- Grill burgers over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until cooked to your desired temperature.
- This also tastes great with colby, Monterray, or jalapeno Jack.
- For more heat, try a serrano pepper in place of the jalapeno pepper.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: stove top, grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Stuffed jalapeno cheese burger, grill, party, cheddar, burger press, easy, quick, kid friendly, BBQ, cookout, party, Lean ground beef,
Follow along on Social Media
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE RATE THIS RECIPE & SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH US!
We appreciate your comments on our recipes. Your feedback helps me create better recipes and helps other readers as well!
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on