Jalapeno-cheese Stuffed Mini Meatloaf is hands down one of my favorite meatloaves to date. I’m not even a meatloaf lover and I have already made this dish twice and it was awesome each time. I made it the first time with cheddar cheese because that’s what I had on hand but the second time, we used pepper-jack and it was just delicious.
My favorite part is the fresh jalapeno slices baked on top. I just love the extra little kick these give the dish. This is a little too spicy for my youngest but the rest of my family just loves it.
We serve these along with mashed potatoes and a vegetable but I think these would also be great as a slider with fries or tots, too.
Jalapeno-cheese Stuffed Mini Meatloaf
Jalapeno-cheese Stuffed Mini Meatloaf. These perfect sized meatloaves are super easy to make and even easier to portion out. Add diced jalapeno for even more kick.
- 3 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small onion , finely diced
- 2 jalapenos , diced, optional
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. uncooked bacon , cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 jalapeno , sliced for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 2 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully mix beef, onion, diced jalapeno, eggs, breadcrumbs, half & half, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and salt/pepper in a large bowl.
- Form the mix into 2 oz meatballs to ensure an even amount of the meat mixture for each muffin cup. Carefully press the 3 oz meat mixture in your hands making a small pocket in the center.
- Add some cheese into the center of each and form the meat back into a ball concealing the cheese. Press it together to ensure it is sealed and place into the muffin tin and gently press down to form a loaf.
- Brush each mini loaf with ketchup, then top with 2 pieces bacon and a jalapeno slice or two for garnish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Serving: 11/10 portionCalories: 704kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 38gFat: 56gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1297mgPotassium: 548mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 348IUVitamin C: 6mgVitamin D: 1µgVitamin E: 1mgVitamin K: 5µgCalcium: 265mgFolate: 27µgIron: 4mgZinc: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!