The chili sauce the hot dog vendors make is always so delicious. Now you can make it at home with this scratch-made Best Ever Chili Sauce!
Grilled Chili Cheese dogs are one of my favorite things from childhood. They are nostalgic to me and bring back so many fond memories of spending one-on-one time with my Dad. The chili dog sauce the vendors make was always so delicious but you just can’t get that same flavor from any Chili Sauce style topping you purchase pre-packaged.
Luckily, now that I’m married, my husband is a fan of grilled chili cheese dogs as well . So when we get a craving for Chili Cheese or Chili Slaw dogs, we whip up a quick batch of this tangy Chili Sauce. This sauce is also great on burgers, and even french fries topped with jalapenos, onions, cheese, sour cream and hot sauce.
Go ahead, give it a try!! Loaded Chili Cheese Fries are equally amazing!
Looking for More Summer and Grilling Ideas?
- Beer Brats for a Crowd
- Build Your Own Hot Dog Bar
- How to Grill Bone-In Ribeye Steaks
- Grilled Sweet and Smoky Chicken Wings
Want to try this Best Ever Chili Sauce Recipe?
Pin it to your BBQ, GRILLING, SUMMER or SAUCE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
This sauce is also great on burgers, and even french fries topped with jalapenos, onions, cheese, sour cream and hot sauce. Go ahead, give it a try!! Loaded Chili Cheese Fries are equally amazing!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef – 93% lean or better
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced into a paste
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Place the ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- As the meat browns, crumble the beef into small pieces until the beef is no longer pink and onion is soft and translucent. If necessary, drain any excess oil.
- Next, add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until chili sauce reaches desired consistency.
Spice yours up with the addition of jalapeno pepper, hot chili powder or favorite hot sauce to meet your needs.
Never miss what’s coming out of our Kitchen:
You May also Like: