Incredibly moist cornbread from WDW Whispering Canyon cafe, this isn’t a copycat recipe. its the REAL DEAL! Disney serves tis Incredibly Moist Cornbread in small loaves for their family style dining in the Whispering Canyon Cafe, Hoop Dee Doo Revue, & Trails Ends restaurants.
This is not a copycat recipe – it’s the REAL DEAL! Back in 2003, Heather McPherson, of the Orlando Sentinel, was able to pry open the Disney vaults and get the recipe from Disney chefs for their Incredibly Moist Cornbread From WDW Whispering Canyon Cafe . Disney serves this bread in small loaves for their family style dining and is a focal point for the family meal. I’m obsessed with this cornbread and it’s hard for me to exhibit enough self-control to not fill up on cornbread before our actual meal arrives at the table
Disney makes their bread in mini loaves but I’ve prepared mine as muffins instead and just adjusted the baking time accordingly. The recipe is written, however, for a 9×13-inch pan.
These muffins are so moist, you don’t need to add a slathering of butter or honey to eat them – you can totally go without! I especially like cornbread warm, fresh out of the oven. It’s a little bit of heaven. For leftovers, I warm them slightly in the microwave. I enjoy them for breakfast with a little butter or honey – sometimes even strawberry jam
Cornmeal is sold in various textures and colors, white, yellow or blue depending on the type of corn used. Blue cornmeal is found mainly in Southwestern recipes. Yellow cornmeal is preferred for this recipe – I use stoneground
Check Out These Other Recipes:
- Apple, Pecan, & Blue Cheese Salad with Apple Vinaigrette
- Beef chili
- Copycat Krystal Burgers
- Outback Alice Springs Chicken
Want to try this Incredibly Moist Cornbread Recipe?
Pin it to your BREAD, SNACK, DINNER or SIDES board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Incredibly Moist Cornbread
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal [See Note 1]
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 each large eggs , beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Add flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and sugar together in a mixing bowl and blend.
- Combine milk, eggs, and oil in another bowl and blend together; slowly add liquid to the bowl of dry ingredients; mixing as you add liquid. Mix only enough to incorporate together.
- Spray a 9 x 13 cake pan with a non-stick food spray and pour the cornmeal batter into the pan. Make sure to spread evenly in the pan.For corn muffins, spray 12 wells of muffin tin and fill each well half-full. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cornmeal is sold in various textures and colors, white, yellow or blue depending on the type of corn used. Blue cornmeal is found mainly in Southwestern recipes. Yellow cornmeal is preferred for this recipe. Use a fine grind cornmeal almost flour-like in texture over of coarsely ground corn meal.
- Nutrition is calculated based on the recipe as written. Additions, omissions, or substitutions will change the calculated values shown. The addition, omission, or substitution of ingredients will alter the nutritional information shown. Nutrition percentages are based on a 2000-calorie diet. The FDA recommends 80 micrograms of vitamin K.