This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
This isn’t a copycat recipe – it’s the REAL DEAL! Disney serves this Incredibly Moist Cornbread in small loaves for their family style dining in the Whispering Canyon Cafe, Hoop Dee Doo Revue, & Trail’s End restaurants.
Cornmeal is sold in various textures and colors, white, yellow or blue depending on the type of corn used. Blue cornmeal is found mainly in Southwestern recipes. Yellow cornmeal is preferred for this recipe – I use stoneground.
Check Out These Other Recipes:
- Apple, Pecan, & Blue Cheese Salad with Apple Vinaigrette
- Beef chili
- Copycat Krystal Burgers
- Outback Alice Springs Chicken
Want to try this Incredibly Moist Cornbread Recipe?
Pin it to your BREAD, SNACK, DINNER or SIDES board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
This recipe comes from Walt Disney World’s Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. It’s served in both the Whispering Canyon Cafe and Trails End Restaurant. It is moist, tender and delicious.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal [See Note 1]
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 each large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Add flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and sugar together in a mixing bowl and blend.
- Combine milk, eggs, and oil in another bowl and blend together; slowly add liquid to the bowl of dry ingredients; mixing as you add liquid. Mix only enough to incorporate together.
- Spray a 9 x 13 cake pan with a non-stick food spray and pour the cornmeal batter into the pan. Make sure to spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cornmeal is sold in various textures and colors, white, yellow or blue depending on the type of corn used. Blue cornmeal is found mainly in Southwestern recipes. Yellow cornmeal is preferred for this recipe. Use a fine grind cornmeal almost flour-like in texture over of coarsely ground corn meal.
- Nutrition is calculated based on the recipe as written. Additions, omissions, or substitutions will change the calculated values shown. The addition, omission, or substitution of ingredients will alter the nutritional information shown. Nutrition percentages are based on a 2000-calorie diet. The FDA recommends 80 micrograms of vitamin K.
Keywords: Incredibly Moist Cornbread, whispering canyon cafe, Walt Disney world, MSG free, Muffins, Moist, kid friendly, corn, quick bread,
Follow along on Social Media
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE RATE THIS RECIPE & SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH US!
We appreciate your comments on our recipes. Your feedback helps me create better recipes and helps other readers as well!
This post was last updated on