This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Oven roasted split chicken breasts are an easy and affordable way to feed your family a healthy and nutritious dinner.
With this basic recipe, you can change the herbs and seasonings to create virtually any flavor combination you like.
But baked chicken isn’t just for dinner and can be shredded, sliced, cut or cubed and may be used for a number of chicken-based recipes that call for a pre-cooked chicken like chicken pasta salad and one-pot chicken bacon ranch pasta.
PRO KITCHEN TIP:
Save the roasted chicken bones in a freezer bag in your freezer if you plan to make Homemade Chicken Stock.
HOW LONG DO I ROAST CHICKEN BREAST?
The roasting time depends on a few factors, namely the size of the chicken breast and how hot your oven runs. These chicken breasts were pretty large, so they took a 45-minutes to roast.
HOW CAN I TELL WHEN CHICKEN IS DONE COOKING?
It’s always best to use a digital kitchen thermometer to test for doneness with poultry. The chicken is done when its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F or when the juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN?
To make a balanced meal, we serve oven roasted split chicken breasts with easy oven roasted carrots and parmesan ranch potatoes (both can cook on the same tray as the chicken roasts) and an apple pecan blue cheese salad with apple vinaigrette.
Looking for more chicken recipes?
Want To Try This Perfectly Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe?
Pin it to your CHICKEN, DINNER, or RECIPE board & SAVE it for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning yummy new content!
©Kitchen Dreaming by KitchenDreaming.com
Perfectly roasted chicken breasts are an easy and affordable way to feed your family a healthy and nutritious dinner. With this basic recipe, you can change the herbs and seasonings to create virtually any flavor combination you like.
- 2 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil, just enough to coat chicken
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried parsley leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika (optional)
- other seasonings you prefer (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a sheet pan or 3-qt baking pan with cooking spray.
- Rub chicken with a small amount of olive oil and then lightly season with herbs and spices. Place chicken breast skin side up in pan.
- Place pan in the oven and roast 40-45 minutes or until the juices run clear and the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the bone and slice into individual servings. [Note 1]
- Save the roasted chicken bones in a freezer bag in your freezer if you plan to make Homemade Chicken Stock.
Keywords: baked, chicken
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: