This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Pasta salad is an incredibly versatile summer dish. Creamy and delicious, it’s portable for picnics and potlucks and easy to prepare. We actually prepare pasta salads all year long. You can start this dish with a baked, broiled, grilled or smoked chicken. If you want to use up a leftover rotisserie chicken, that works well here also.
By incorporating the meat and other ingredients into one pasta dish, we’ve created a simple all-in-one meal that makes feeding a crowd or prepping a picnic quick and easy. For a quick weeknight meal, we serve this with a side of tossed green salad and some grilled or steamed vegetables.Print
By incorporating the meat and other ingredients into one Chicken Noodle Salad, we’ve created a simple all-in-one meal.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 9 sprigs fresh parsley, rough chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrot, celery, onion, green pepper and edamame, parsley and peas.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic salt, and paprika. Drain pasta well. Add to chicken mixture. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Lasts for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Keywords: cold, chicken, leftover chicken, pasta, salad, msg free, recipe, chicken breast, family friendly, 30 minute meals, quick, easy,