This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
When I showed my daughter the picture of the cookie in the recipe, she was absolutely ecstatic. She could not wait to get this into the oven and in fact, she cheered when it was finally finished! I adapted the recipe a little bit to fit our needs but the end result was the same: warm, chewy, chocolaty goodness perfect for our annual back-to-school dinner.
Alternatively, you could start with a pre-made dough from your grocer’s dairy section. These would work just as well in this application.
Hungry for more cookie recipes? Check these out:
- Baked Churros
- Date Wraps
- Triple Chocolate Espresso Biscotti
- Orange Cranberry Biscotti with Almonds
- Pistachio Sables
- Russian Tea Cakes
This rich, chocolaty dessert is perfect for a birthday meal, holiday, or for an indulgent treat after a hard days work.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi- sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and grease two 5-inch cast iron pans or 1 12-inch pan.
- Next, in a large bowl mix together the butter and the sugars with a mixer until light and creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Next, add in the flour and baking soda and mix only until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts and then spoon the batter into the cast iron skillet(s). Spread the dough into an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes for a 5 inch skillet and about 30 minutes for a 12-inch skillet or until lightly browned. Allow to cool about 15 minutes before slicing.
This recipe is similar to the chocolate chip cookie skillets sold in restaurants like Chilis.
- Category: Desert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet. Chili"s skillet cookie recipe, Birthday, holiday, Budget recipe, easy, Chocolate chip morsels, white chocolate chip morsels, MSG free, skillet, how to bake, how to make, from scratch,