So, you know my hubby and I like to try authentic foods from around the world. We have a favorite little restaurant that serves great food and hummus that we adore but my friend Ally, from Ally’s Kitchen recently turned us onto this Pineapple Serrano Hummus that she swears tastes just like hummus she had when she traveled to Tel Aviv, Isreal. This hummus is slightly spicy from the serrano pepper and slightly sweet from the Dole® pineapple but put it all together it’s totally delicious. Your game day just got that much better, folks!
Join us as we countdown to the Rose Parade with Ally and Dole® Packaged Foods at the first ever “Live on Green” event being held in Pasadena and virtually by a select group of bloggers. During the live event, families will be invited to indulge in food, entertainment, and fun activities at the free three-day event in Downtown Pasadena, on Dec. 29 and 30 from 9 a.m. To 8 p.m., and Dec. 31 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Pasadena Conference Center. A good time and good food is sure to be had by all. Especially if Ally has anything to say about it!
At “Live on Green,” visitors from around the world will explore 100,000 square feet of free entertainment, unique and rare exhibitions, and fun activities, as well as indulge in healthy snacks and beverages at the Dole Bistro. My friends and Dole California Cook-Off Champion, Ally Phillips of Ally’s Kitchen, will perform live cooking demonstrations and share quick and fun recipes featuring Dole Packaged Foods’ products like this Pineapple Serrano Hummus.
Need some other quick Hummus Recipes? Check these out:
- 4 garlic clove pieces, peeled
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained & reserve liquid
- ½ cup DOLE crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbl. serrano pepper, fresh and chopped + more for garnish
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil (garnish)
- 1 Tbl. sesame seeds (garnish)
- Dusting of paprika (garnish)
- Put the garlic, tahini, garbanzo beans, pineapple, salt, serrano pepper and lemon juice in a food processor (affiliate link) and blend. Add ¼ cup of the liquid from the beans and blend into a creamy mixture.
- Place in a bowl. Make concentric circle swirls with a butter knife. Drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle on the sesame seeds then dust with a little paprika. Chill or serve immediately. Serve with pita or flat bread.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
So on January 1, tune in to watch the Tournament of Roses Parade where Dole Packaged Food’s float, “Soaring Over Paradise,” explores the world’s rain forests. The float includes four waterfalls, a zip line that travels through the rainforest canopy and a flock of Macaws that appear to take flight over the floral gardens.