Summer meals in my house contain a lot of fresh, local seafood. Fresh local shrimp tops our list and is a favorite of every member of my family. Since we are hosting some summer barbecues this year with friends and family, we wanted to start early in getting our recipes together. This one is a no-brainer since it can be prepared up to a couple of days in advance and the flavors only get better as they have time to meld so it’s the perfect go-to dish for a busy host(ess).
What I really like about this Quick Pickled Shrimp is the brightness of the lemon and parsley and how perfectly it pairs with the fennel, onions, and corn. The peppers lend a little bit of heat but it’s not overpowering. In fact, if you’d like a spicier version, I recommend increasing the number of hot peppers, to taste.
Remember that if you do choose to serve Quick Pickled Shrimp, or any seafood, at your next barbecue or beach party, make sure you keep it chilled until serving time as it still can spoil in the hot summer sun.
Looking to try some other Summer Recipes:
- Lowcountry Boil
- How to Create an Easy Hot Dog Bar for Summer Entertaining
- Quick Pickled Shrimp
- Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail – Ceviche de Cameron
- 3 pounds medium to large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 Fresno chile or red jalapeno, thinly sliced, seeded
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh steamed corn, removed from the cob
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine shrimp, sliced fennel bulb, onion, garlic, chile peppers, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, and corn in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, at least 20 minutes and up to 2 days to allow flavors to meld.
Quick Pickled Shrimp is great for summer parties because it can be prepared up to 2 days ahead and chilled until ready for use.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg