Again… this recipe for fudge is so easy yet totally delish! If you’ve never made candy before it doesn’t matter. Anyone can succeed with these simple recipes.
I hear a lot of people say they are afraid of making fudge because they think candy making is difficult and some recipes can be quite tricky. However, my recipe for fudge is one my Mom and I always used and we just changed the mixer being added into each one.
This recipe originated from the side of a can of sweetened condensed milk. I have since elaborated on it and changed it to include all types of fudge and mixers. No candy thermometer or fussing over sugar temperatures in this recipe! Perfect fool-proof fudge every time… seriously! It’s that simple.
This recipe if for Rocky Road a.k.a. Heavenly Hash fudge and I just mix in pecan pieces and mini marshmallows and it is always a crowd pleaser. I add this to all my cookie and candy baskets as well as my holiday entertaining table.
Looking for some more candy recipes? Check these out:
Rocky Road Fudge
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips , 18 ounces
- 1 Sweetened Condensed Milk , (14 oz.) can
- Dash salt
- 1/2 to 1 cups chopped pecans
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
- Melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over medium-low heat to avoid scorching the milk and overheating the chocolate. Remove from heat. Stir in pecans, marshmallows and vanilla extract. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of foil. Cut into 1-inch squares.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.