This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
HOORAY FOR SUMMER!
Today is the last day of school and the kids are out for Summer. So yesterday, we had my daughter’s friend over to go in the pool and make ice cream. Ice cream is always a big occasion for my daughter and when it’s this easy to make, why not. With this recipe for 5-ingredient, No-churn Cherry Almond Ice Cream, you don’t have to own an ice-cream maker to enjoy freshly made ice cream. That’s right! No ice-cream maker was involved in the making of this delicious Cherry Almond Ice Cream!
We do own an ice cream maker, too. However, we don’t use it as often as the no-churn method. The no-churn method is so convenient and EASY that it’s really had to pass up. We love the big pieces of cherries in our ice cream but if you wanted, you could chop them up smaller or use a food processor to make more of a paste. It’s up to you. What I really thought set this ice cream apart were the toasted almonds. The slivers, right out of the bag are good, but toasted almonds are on a whole different level and they really bring something special to this ice cream.
RICH & CREAMY
The ice cream itself is VERY creamy. It’s just as you would imagine whipped cream to be when it’s frozen. It firms up nicely and after about 4 hours or so, depending on your freezer temperature, the fullness of the freezer and placement of the pan to freeze. I have a pull out drawer in my bottom freezer so I just pop them in that drawer which is like the “freeze first” area of my freezer. We enjoyed it after dinner and pool time. The girls thought it was amazing — especially since they had helped make it after school and it was ready to eat just after dinner.
With this recipe for 5-ingredient, No-churn Cherry Almond Ice Cream, you don’t have to own an ice-cream maker to enjoy freshly made ice cream.
- 12-oz cherries, fresh or frozen, pitted and halved
- 1 cup almond slivers, toasted
- 2 cups heavy cream, very cold
- 1 can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl on medium-high until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gently fold in the cherries and almonds, reserving some for the topping. Mix until incorporated.
- Spoon the cream mixture into a 4 1/2- by 8 1/2-inch loaf pan or 1 1/2-quart freezer-safe container.
- Sprinkle the reserved cherries and almonds on top. Freeze until set, at least 4 hours.
- Once set, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: dessert
- Method: freezer
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 0
Keywords: cherry, almond, ice cream, no churn
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on