This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy .
Like me, my daughter doesn’t fancy eggs very much. My husband, on the other hand, could probably eat eggs for breakfast every day. They don’t usually skip breakfast so my friend, Dina, shared her recipe with me for what she called a loaded Breakfast Quiche. With the addition of the potatoes, this Bacon and Potato Quiche is one egg breakfast even my daughter looks forward to eating.
On the weekends, breakfast unsually turns into brunch by the time I enjoy my morning coffee and everyone starts feeling hungry, so with brunch in mind, we make breakfast a hearty one that will last us through the day ’til dinner time. This Bacon and Potato Quiche is hearty and filling and can be easily adapted by varying the ingredients to those your family enjoys.
Do you have a favorite Breakfast Quiche recipe? Share it with me in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!
Love Quiche, too? Try one of my other Quiche recipes:
Filled with eggs, cheese, bacon, and diced potatoes, this Breakfast Quiche is hearty and filling. It’s the perfect breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. #Breakfast #Quiche #Brunch #Recipes #BrunchIdeas
- 1 ready-made deep pie crust or homemade pie crust
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or half-n-half
- 1 large russet potato, diced small and parboiled or 1 (15-ounce) can diced potatoes, drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/8 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper [See Note 1]
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika [See Note 2]
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt/pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- In a deep pie pan, roll out pie crust to cover pan with 1/4 inch excess, rolled down to form an edge.
- In a skillet brown bacon to desired doneness, drain on paper towels reserving 1-2 tablespoons grease.
- Add potatoes to bacon grease, brown on all sides add onions, salt & pepper to taste and cayenne pepper (optional).
- Layer potato/onion mixture then meat, parsley, cheese into pie plate , spread evenly to make sure all surface is even.
- Whisk eggs with milk or half-n-half, pour over mixture, tilting pan, if necessary, to fill all space.
- Place pie in preheated oven, bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is golden brown.
- Adding cayenne pepper for a little spicy heat is optional. You may omit without substiution.
- You may substitute sweet or regular paprika in place of the smoked paprika. Smoked paprika lends such a nice smoky flavornote into the background. You may also omit paprika altogether without substitution.
Keywords: Loaded Bacon & Potato Quiche, quiche recipes, French egg recipes, homemade, MSG free, easy, Pie crust, Brunch, brunch ideas, brunch recipes