Holidays around my house mean lots and lots of Holiday Baking. In fact, I romanticize a lot about the holidays gone by when everyone lived near one another and the gatherings were large, loud and chaotic. These days the gatherings are much smaller yet I still seem to cook the same amounts of cakes, candy, and fudge. Oh, the fudge! So, in keeping with a tradition my Mom and I started many years ago, I ship fudge and other goodies around the country and now around the world to friends and family members. This Chocolate and Butterscotch Fudge is a favorite among my co-workers, too. Luckily it’s quick and easy and what my Mom always called “fool-proof.”
This Chocolate and Butterscotch Fudge is easily made on the stovetop in a double boiler but is even more conveniently made in the microwave in just about 3 minutes. Yep, 3-minute fudge with just 4 ingredients.
The resulting double layer fudge is:
- and sets up beautifully every time
I’m mailing this Chocolate and Butterscotch Fudge to Afghanistan this Holiday so I hope my cousin and his friends enjoy it as much as my state-side taste-testers did!
Chocolate and Butterscotch Fudge
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 oz) Butterscotch Chips
- 1 cup (6 oz) White Chocolate Chips
- 2 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Line an 8- or 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil or wax paper, extending the paper over edges of pan for easier removal once set.
- in a large microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips with 1 can sweetened condensed milk. Heat in the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes; stirring EVERY 30 seconds until all the chips are melted. Being careful not to overheat the chocolate as this will cause it to seize up and be ruined. Spread the melted chocolate evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Next, melt the butterscotch and white chocolate chips with the remaining can of sweetened condensed milk in clean, dry microwave safe bowl (water and chocolate do not mix). Heat the chips just as directed above stirring EVERY 30 seconds being careful not to overheat the chips. Spread evenly over chocolate layer.
- Chill for 3 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of the paper. Cut into squares.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy, and is sourced from the USDA Food Database.
Follow along on Social Media
This post was last updated on