My co-worker and I were talking about how easy fudge is to make and he began telling me about his father-in-law’s method for old fashioned fudge that almost never sets up properly and requires not only a candy thermometer but also absolute preciseness.
I told him fudge does not have to be that complicated. In my world, fudge is not complicated or intimidating!
This quick and easy Cranberry-Pistachio Fudge only takes 3 minutes of cook time, no candy thermometer at all, and uses just 4 ingredients!
The hardest part about this fudge is waiting several hours for it to set up in the fridge, but that’s about it. Seriously! The resulting fudge is creamy and sweet and so incredibly delicious. So that we don’t eat the whole thing ourselves, we will mail the majority of it to my cousin in Afghanistan for the holidays and keep just a small portion of it for our family holiday.
Cranberry Pistachio Fudge
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups White chocolate chips
- 1 cup Dried cranberries
- ¾ cup Shelled salted pistachios
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil, leaving enough overhang on the sides to easily pull the fudge out once it is set. Set aside.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat 2 -3 minutes, stirring in 30 second intervals until the chocolate has just melted into the condensed milk. Beware not to overheat as the chocolate will seize up and be ruined.
- It will be quite thick. Stir in the cranberries and pistachios until evenly combined. Pour into the prepared dish and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Cover the fudge with foil and refrigerate for 4 hours. Once set, lift the fudge out of the dish using the foil overhang. Turn the fudge upside down to remove the foil, then turn right side up on a cutting board. Cut the fudge into 1-inch squares.